"You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle." - Psalm 56:8
Reverse appliqué pattern – Hand & Machine directions
(36" x 36")
Remembrance is a beginning level medallion inspired by Victorian wrought iron work that has open spaces to feature your beautiful fabrics. Batiks or hand-dyes alike will bring this pattern to life. We chose a hand marble background and a Cherrywood Fabrics top for our hand sample, and an Indonesian Art panel from Turtle Hand Batiks for the top of our machine sample. Your fabric choices will make it come alive with your own unique style.
Make it as a beautiful wall-hanging, or design a quilt around it with Remembrance as the center medallion.
Pattern has complete creation instructions using Eye of the Beholder’s Trace, Baste, Snip & Stitch technique, supported by Technique Tutorials and blogs on this website, and full-size, durable pattern pieces. There’s never a need to enlarge the pattern or re-position fabric.
What is a Pattern PDF and how do I print it?
A Pattern PDF is a digital file of the complete pattern instructions and full-size pattern pieces. You will also be emailed Welcome Notes.
After purchase, a link to the Pattern PDF will be sent to you automatically – click the link to get your pattern. This link expires after 24 hours, but we can re-send it to you if you have any trouble. Just email us at email@example.com
- All pattern booklets are 8.5” x 11” and can be printed on an in-home printer.
- The full-size pattern pieces will need to be put on a USB stick and taken to a copy shop that can print in large format.
- This will be an additional expense for you. However, a Pattern PDF is priced at 25% off the print pattern price because of this additional expense to you.
- Please check in your area that you have a copy shop that can print the pattern for you before purchasing.
This Pattern prints on paper that is: 36" x 36"
If this seems complicated…
Finished dimensions: 36 in x 36 in
- Background Fabric: 1 ¼ yard (or a piece 44 in square) of light fabric**
- Top Fabric: 1 ¼ yard (or a piece 44 in square) of medium to dark fabric
- Backing Fabric: 1 1/4 yard (or a piece 44" square)
- Binding: 1/2 yard (4 strips)
- For Machine: 36" x 36" square paper backed iron-on fusible, such as Soft Fuse
For the hand version of this quilt, it is very important to use a light background material which will assist you in tracing the medallion pattern onto the fabric.
**Instructions are also included in this pattern for creating it by machine; for this version of the pattern, you can use dark or light materials for your background.