Scroll & Fan PDF
Scroll & Fan PDF
Graceful Scrolls Bursting Into Fans.
reverse appliqué pattern – hand & machine directions
(36" x 36")
Reminiscent of the lines of scrolls and fans, this pattern is part of our medallion pattern series.
From a time when people embraced the idea of beautiful functionality, these quilts could make a beautiful wall-hanging. It would also work stunningly as the centrepiece of a bed-size quilt.
This reverse appliqué project was inspired by the scrollwork, gratings and architecture of the late 1800s.
This medallion forms the center medallion of the Fit for a Queen queen-size quilt. Add the Quilt Expansion pack if you already have the medallion, or get the Quilt to get the medallion plus all the lovely borders and sashing instructions.
What is a Pattern PDF and how do I print it?
A Pattern PDF is a digital file of the complete pattern instructions and full-size pattern pieces. You will also be emailed Welcome Notes.
After purchase, a link to the Pattern PDF will be sent to you automatically – click the link to get your pattern. This link expires after 24 hours, but we can re-send it to you if you have any trouble. Just email us at email@example.com
- All pattern booklets are 8.5” x 11” and can be printed on an in-home printer.
- The full-size pattern pieces will need to be put on a USB stick and taken to a copy shop that can print in large format.
- This will be an additional expense for you. However, a Pattern PDF is priced at 25% off the print pattern price because of this additional expense to you.
- Please check in your area that you have a copy shop that can print the pattern for you before purchasing.
This Pattern prints on paper that is: 36" x 36"
If this seems complicated…
finished dimensions: 36 in x 36 in as a wall-hanging*
*If making Scroll & Fan as the Centre Medallion in the Fit for a Queen Quilt III, please follow the instructions in your quilt pattern. The medallion finished size is: 40.5" x 40.5".
- background fabric: 1 ¼ yard (or a piece 42 in square) or 1 ¾ yards if using to bind the quilt
- top fabric: 1 ¼ yard (or a piece 42 in square) or 1 ¾ yards if using to bind the quilt
- backing fabric: 1 ½ yard square
- for machine: 1 ¼ yard paper backed fusible material, such as soft fuse
for the hand version of this quilt, it is very important to use a light background material which will assist you in tracing the medallion pattern onto the fabric.
instructions are also included in this pattern for assembling it by machine; for this version of the pattern, you can use dark or light materials for your background.