Have a Heart: Machine Reverse Applique
Teacher: Margaret Brewster Willingham, Eye of the Beholder Quilt Designs
Where: Quilter’s Dream
517 Denver Ave, Loveland, CO
Date: Friday, March 9, Noon – 4:00 pm
Cost: $35.00 plus pattern and supplies.
Contact Quilter's Dream to sign up. http://www.lovelandsquiltersdream.com/ (970) 461-8373
Reverse applique gives a unique, dimensional look to your quilted piece! The design is created in the background fabric peeking out of the top fabric. When you do it by machine, it takes no time at all.
Learn the quick and easy steps in Eye of the Beholder’s trace, snip, iron and stitch process to machine reverse applique, and get pointers on how to satin stitch like a pro. See the beauty of the 6” Reverse Applique block for Snowy Hearts table runner (21.5” x 35.5”) revealed as you stitch. Come be empowered as you make a Heart block! Make it in red and soft grey/ white as we did, or re- imagine it in your colors. Learn with others and experience the fun and beauty of reverse applique by machine.
Required: Snowy Hearts table runner IX (21.5” x 35.5”) - $18.00
Snowy Hearts table runner IX pattern by Eye of the Beholder has 4 – 6” Reverse Applique heart blocks set with pieced 4-patch blocks. Pattern includes full-sized pattern pieces directions for pieced blocks and table runner assembly by hand or machine.
BRING TO CLASS: Supply List below is to make 1- 6.5” x 6.5” Heart block*
(Total yardage for Snowy Hearts table runner is in the pattern)
- Snowy Hearts table runner IX pattern
- 1 - 7.5”x 7.5” square of grey/ white batik for top
- 1 - 7.5” x 7.5” square of red batik for background
- 1 - 6” x 6” square of paper-backed iron-on fusible
- 1 – 7.5” x 7.5” square fabric stabilizer or Terial Magic spray-on stabilizer
- 1 Spool of thread for machine stitching (SAME COLOR as top fabric)
- 1 pair small, sharp scissors
- 5 safety pins or straight pins for pin basting
- Mechanical pencil for tracing pattern onto paper side of fusible
- Sewing machine
- Practice piece: 12” x 12” square of fused top fabric and contrasting background fabric
Helpful items: Light box to trace design onto fusible
*To maximize workshop time, come with pattern for Heart block already traced out onto paper side of iron-on fusible
Contact Quilter's Dream to sign up. http://www.lovelandsquiltersdream.com/ or call (970) 461-8373