Amidala’s Flower mini-quilt X: Trace, Baste, Snip & Stitch:
The easy way to Reverse Applique & Applique
Teacher: Margaret Brewster Willingham, Eye of the Beholder Quilt Design
Date: Monday, March 12, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Where: Holly's Quilt Cabin
8210 S. Holly St., Centenniel, CO 80122
Cost: $75.00 plus pattern and supplies
Minimum 8 - Maximum 16. SIGN UP by FEBRUARY 28, 2018 to assure your spot.
Join the fun!
Be empowered and learn as you make the 18” Amidala’s Flower block, the center of our Amidala’s Flower Mini-quilt X.
It’s fun and easy to hand reverse needle-turn applique and applique with Eye of the Beholder Quilt Design’s Trace, Baste, Snip & Stitch process. It gives you great control over your piece, allowing you to have sharp points, crisp corners and graceful circles. You will love the results you get and you don’t get hung up on the pins. I will lead you step by step through the process, start to finish, empowering you to do reverse needle-turn appliqué by hand, do it like a pro and enjoy it!
Supply List* To make the 18” Amidala’s Flower, center block, you will need:
- Amidala’s Flower mini-quilt X pattern - $22.00 (Total yardage for the quilt is in the pattern)
- 19.5” x 19.5” square – turquoise, Amidala’s Flower, top batik
- 19.5” x 19.5” square – bright green, stems & leaves of Amidala’s Flower, background batik
- 3 colors of scraps, up to a fat quarter each – flower petals and parts, batiks for applique
- No. 7 Sharps needle for basting
- No. 11 Milliners needle for appliqué
- quilting thread for basting (CONTRASTING COLOR to top fabrics)
- thread for stitching (SAME COLOR as top fabrics
- 1 pair small, sharp scissors
- safety pins for pin basting, or straight pins, about 9
- Mechanical pencil or Frixion gel pen for tracing pattern onto background batik
Helpful items: Light box to trace design onto background fabric (or classroom window); scotch tape; Needle threader for small-eyed needle
* Come to class with the pattern traced onto the wrong side of the bright green background batik.
Borders, Layering and Quilting will not be included in the scope of this workshop.
Contact Holly's Quilt Cabin to sign up. https://www.thequiltcabin.com/ or call (720) 529-9659