Conquering Reverse Applique with Trace, Baste, Snip & Stitch
Autumn’s Promise table runner(15” x 34”) and Placemats(10.5" x 14")
Teacher: Margaret Brewster Willingham, Eye of the Beholder Quilt Design
at Quilted Threads, Henniker, NH
Join the fun!
Be empowered and learn as you make the 9” Oak Block from our Autumn’s Promise table runner XI and Placemats.
It’s fun and easy to Hand reverse needle-turn with Eye of the Beholder Quilt Design’s
Trace, Baste, Snip & Stitch process. It gives you great control over your piece, allowing you to have sharp points, crisp corners and graceful circles. You will love the results you get and you don’t get hung up on the pins. I will lead you step by step through the process, start to finish, empowering you to do reverse needle-turn appliqué by hand, do it like a pro and enjoy it!
- Autumn’s Promise table runner XI with Placemats pattern - $20.00. (Total yardage for the table runner and placemats is in the pattern)
- To make the 9” Oak block you will need:
- 10.5” x 10.5” square – yellow, Oak block, top batik
- 10.5” x 10.5” square – green, Oak block background batik
- 6” x 6” square – acorns, batik
- No. 7 Sharps needle for basting
- No. 11 Milliners needle for appliqué
- quilting thread for basting (CONTRASTING COLOR to top fabric)
- thread for stitching (SAME COLOR as top fabric)
- 1 pair small, sharp scissors
- safety pins for pin basting, or straight pins, about 28
- scotch tape
- Mechanical pencil or Frixion gel pen for tracing pattern onto light batik, background fabric
- Helpful items: Light box to trace design onto background fabric (or classroom window); Needle threader for small-eyed needle
Layering and Quilting will not be included in the scope of this workshop.
Contact Quilted Threads to sign up today!