A Rose by any other name is still a Rose
Hand reverse Needle-turn Applique Workshop
Tuesdays, May 8 & 29, Noon - 4:00 pm
Taught by Margaret Brewster Willingham
Contact Quilter's Dream to sign up. http://www.lovelandsquiltersdream.com/ (970) 461-8373
Learn how fun and easy reverse needle-turn appliqué by hand can be while you create the beautiful Rose, 2 of 9(16” x 16”), from Eye of the Beholder’s Victorian Flower Garden Quilt IV. Each flower makes a 16” Square that may be a block in a quilt or finished as a pillow to decorate your sofa. Hand appliqué is a labor of love, but when you trace, baste, snip & stitch, it’s fun and easy!
Come join the fun! I will lead you step by step through the process. Learn how easy it is to get sharp points, crisp corners and graceful curves. You will love the results you get and you don’t get hung up on the pins. Be empowered to do reverse needle-turn appliqué by hand, do it like a pro and enjoy it!
Required: Rose, 2 of 9 pattern - $15.50**
Pattern includes full-sized pattern pieces and directions to make the Rose block by hand or machine, as all reverse applique or with an added touch of applique.
BRING TO CLASS: Supply List below*
Pre-wash and iron fabric before first class.
- Rose, 2 of 9 pattern
- 17.5” x 17.5” of light batik for background
- 17.5” x 17.5” of medium – dark batik for top
- Optional- a fat quarter of colored fabric to applique the blossoms
- No. 7 Sharps needle for basting
- No. 11 Milliners needle for appliqué
- 1 spool of Button or quilting thread for basting (CONTRASTING COLOR to top batik)
- 1 Spool of thread for stitching (SAME COLOR as top batik)
- 1 pair small, sharp scissors
- 5 - 8 safety pins for pin basting, or straight pins
- Mechanical pencil or Frixion gel pen for tracing pattern onto light background batik
- Helpful items: Light box (to trace design onto background fabric); Needle threader for small-eyed needle