Conquering Reverse Applique with Trace, Baste, Snip & Stitch
with Hearts & Fleurs table runner II (13.5” x 36”)
Teacher: Margaret Brewster Willingham, Eye of the Beholder Quilt Design
This Beginner Workshop meets:
June 30, July 7 & July 14, 9:00 am - Noon
Join the fun!
Be empowered and learn as you make our Hearts & Fleurs table runner II pattern (13.5” x 36”).
It’s fun and easy to Hand reverse needle-turn with Eye of the Beholder Quilt Design’s Trace, Baste, Snip & Stitch process. It gives you great control over your piece, allowing you to have sharp points, crisp corners and graceful circles. You will love the results you get and you don’t get hung up on the pins. I will lead you step by step through the process, start to finish, empowering you to do reverse needle-turn appliqué by hand, do it like a pro and enjoy it!
Kit includes: cost $35.00*
- Hearts & Fleurs table runner II pattern - $18.00
- 16” x 40”rectangle of light batik, background fabric
- 16” x 40” rectangle of dark, top fabric
- 3 – 2.25” x WOF strips for binding
- 1 - No. 7 Sharps needle for basting
- 1 - No. 11 Milliners needle for appliqué
- 1 spool of quilting thread for basting (CONTRASTING COLOR to top fabric)
- 1 Spool of thread for stitching (SAME COLOR as top fabric)
BRING to CLASS: (Supply List)
- 1 pair small, sharp scissors
- safety pins for pin basting, or straight pins, about 28
- scotch tape
- Mechanical pencil or Frixion gel pen for tracing pattern onto light batik, background fabric
- Helpful items: Light box to trace design onto background fabric (or classroom window); Needle threader for small-eyed needle
*Fabrics in the kit will be different than those pictured.
Layering and Quilting will not be included in the scope of this workshop.